You can manage quite well on a basic level in Italian, but you want more. Develop your Italian language skills further in this course on intermediate level. The course offers you the opportunity to learn the Italian language fast and well. The course aim is to reach level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference in a number of fields.
The course covers the four skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking. During the course you will also become more familiar with Italian customs and manners. The following themes will be covered: health, describing people, work, education, making phone calls, following the news in papers and on radio and tv, hobbies and interests, travel.
Students who already completed a course on Italian language on beginners’ level (A1) and either course R6 or another programme to have reached level A2. The course programme is offered in Italian.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- get by, with sufficient vocabulary to express him/herself with some hesitation and circumlocutions on topics such as family, hobbies and interests, work, travel, and current events;
- use reasonably accurately a repertoire of frequently used “routines” and patterns associated with more predictable situations;
- keep going comprehensibly, even though pausing for grammatical and lexical planning and repair is very evident, especially in longer stretches of free production;
- initiate, maintain and close simple face-to-face conversation on topics that are familiar or of personal interest;
- repeat back part of what someone has said to confirm mutual understanding;
- link a series of shorter, discrete simple elements into a connected, linear sequence of points.
€895 (course + course materials + housing)
Course fee includes transport and entrance fees for all field trips that are part of the course programme.
12 hours of lectures per week; 12 hours of field trips per week (obligatory part of the course programme); appr. 30 hours of self study per week